The Mechanical Engineering Certificate course is aimed at people considering a career in the field of manufacturing and maintenance of machines, machine components and systems. The main focus is preparing you to work with professional mechanical engineers, technologist and technicians in researches, development and design of machines such as generators, engines, and steam and gas turbines; work on power-using machines such as refrigeration and air-conditioners, robots used in manufacturing, elevators and escalators, and industrial production equipment. You will learn how to carry out this support function in all stages of planning, maintenance and production of moving machinery and mechanical appliances.
The following are potential employers:
- -Manufacturing industries .
- -Government departments and such organizations as: CSIR, Eskom, NECSA, AECI, Sasol, Genmin, JCI, MINTEK, SABS .
- -Mining companies .
- -Consulting engineering firms .
- -Universities and universities of technology.
- -Self-employment, a registered mechanical engineer with the necessary experience and initiative can work as a consultant in any of the above-mentioned organizations or can also start own manufacturing engineering company.